People love their pets – that’s why dog grooming is a rapidly growing industry across the globe. QC’s Dog Grooming course helps you turn your love of animals into a creative, flexible, and fulfilling career.
Starting from the very basics, the online dog grooming course teaches you the practical and theoretical skills you’ll need to start your career as a professional dog groomer. You’ll learn from highly skilled certified master groomers who will provide you with detailed feedback on your work, every step of the way.
Thanks to QC’s emphasis on practical assignments and personalized feedback, along with detailed course texts and videos, learning dog grooming online is just as effective as in-class dog groomer training. And it’s way more convenient!
(incl. taxes, shipping & materials!)
QC’s Online Dog Grooming Course Includes:
- 3 course manuals consisting of 19 course texts that cover all the essentials of the dog grooming industry
- 15 hours of video tutorials featuring Certified Master Groomers working on numerous breeds
- 7 theoretical units that will teach you the skills you need to be a successful dog groomer (includes hands-on assignments!)
- 5 practicum units that enable you to complete major grooming procedures from start to finish
- A free Dog First Aid Course that provides you with the knowledge to prevent and respond to emergency situations
- Free business training, designed specifically for dog grooming professionals interested in starting their own business
- A bonus starter kit that includes many of the professional-grade brushes and tools you’ll need as a groomer*
- A bonus grooming scissor set containing three pairs of professional-grade stainless steel scissors*
- A set of 5-in-1 WAHL cordless grooming clippers that have been an industry favorite for years*
- A set of metal grooming combs that fit your clippers and allow you to achieve 8 different hair lengths*
* Your dog grooming supplies will be sent to you before you begin your practical work in Unit C.
Your Professional Dog Groomer Certification
International Dog Grooming Professional (IDGP)
Once you’ve completed your dog grooming course, you’ll graduate with the International Dog Grooming Professional (IDGP) certificate. This certificate of completion attests to your success in learning both the theoretical and practical components necessary to start your career in the dog grooming industry.
You’ll Be Covered by QC’s Double Guarantee
The 21-Day Money Back Guarantee
Try the course risk-free for 21 days. This gives you time to receive your course materials and evaluate whether the dog grooming course is right for you. If you decide it’s not a good fit, simply contact QC to arrange a return of your course materials for a refund. It’s that easy! Note: All materials must be returned unused and in their original condition in order to get a full refund.
The 1-Year Money Back Guarantee
This course will pay for itself within a year. That’s a promise.
If one year after receiving your certificate of completion, you haven’t earned the equivalent of your tuition fees in dog grooming fees or salary, your dog grooming course tuition will be refunded in full.
All you have to do is provide proof that you’ve made a reasonable effort to find work as a dog groomer.
Dog Grooming Course At-A-Glance
Click on each Part below for a quick overview of QC Pet Studies Dog Grooming Course.
The first few units in this course will introduce you to the fundamental concepts of dog grooming. In these units, you’ll cover health and safety, basic dog anatomy, skincare, behavior, the tools of the trade and more.
During these units it is recommended that you start considering your grooming workspace so that you are prepared for the practical assignments later in the course. Unit C will be particularly helpful in selecting appropriate tools, equipment and products.
It is also recommended that you start seeking out dog owners who are willing to let you use their dogs in practical assignments later in the course.
In order to provide you with the resources to learn your craft safely, your grooming course also comes with a two-unit course on dog first aid. This course covers emergency situations that may occur in a grooming environment and prepares you to respond calmly and effectively in any emergency.
You must complete both units of the First Aid course before proceeding to the next unit in the dog grooming course.
Once you understand the basics of dog grooming and dog first aid, you will move on to units that teach you the hands-on skills involved in grooming. In these units you’ll cover nail trimming, ear cleaning, brushing, dematting, bathing, drying, coat types, pet cuts, breed standards and more. You’ll complete a number of basic practical assignments that will prepare you to start your practicum.
Dog grooming as a profession requires a lot of background knowledge, but ultimately your success will depend on your ability to safely and skillfully groom dogs.
Your practicum is designed to allow you to practice and receive feedback on these essential skills. The units within the practicum involve intensive practical assignments that draw on the content you’ve mastered throughout the course. You’ll have a chance to receive feedback from your tutors on your bathing and drying skills, in addition to the pet cuts and breed cuts you’ll create throughout your career.
Dog grooming is a creative career, but it’s also a business. After completing your practicum you can choose to complete the optional Business Essentials unit. This unit will help you develop the skills you need to run your own successful dog grooming business, from building your brand to constructing a business plan to setting your prices.